Thursday, April 27, 2006

Idea for Indoor Campground....Marshmallows anyone?

There are outdoor campgrounds for sure – but how about an indoor campground?  

Maybe unused warehouses could be recycled to accommodate this function.  Would be particularly helpful in the winter or hot summer.  In addition, this might be groundwork for disaster shelters too.

User could pull in a camper or pitch a tent in this facility at a lower cost than at a motel.  Could have artificial turf, campfire rings, showers, etc.  Same as outdoor campgrounds – only indoor.  User would rent a space for the night.
Possible Start Building Blocks –
  • Existing concepts for disaster shelters, camps, communes, military stations or compounds, low rent housing, etc.

  • USPTO Class/Subclasses for "How-To" ideas – 109/15, 5/420, 135/127
See disclaimers on TG Ideas LLC publications and website - http://www.athenet.net/~ideas/, Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 AM CST

    Needs to have real grass and plants
    for humidity.
    Walls and roof would accomodate this if they were translucent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:01 PM CDT

    I have recently had the same thought as a large merchandise store has gone out of business in my city. I punched it in on the internet and found this site. Very interesting! Could it work? Has it been tried? I am picturing maybe a skating rink associated with this, or perhaps a pool, lazer teg type game, basketball courts and offering various camps to help draw large groups on special weekends. I live in Indiana and indoor camping makes it a year round hobbie. I think it is a great idea! Takes some dough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought of the same thing. I want to turn the pontiac silverdome (old home of the detroit lions) into an indoor campground. The dome could be used for perhaps a planitatium(showing stars and planets at night). Monster trucks and moto-x shows have been held there. also camper and rv shows. The dome has sat empty for some years now. Would take investers though $$$. Just a thought. People I mention the plan to at work think i'm nuts. However they are not campers like me and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all. It's being done! Check out www.urbancampout.com in Tulsa. We've been open for a year and a half now. Crazy busy. Opening our second in OKC and in Dallas this summer. Trying to find franchisees for different cities right now. If you know anyone interested we've got contact info for franchising on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. improving indoor air quality

    ReplyDelete